Has your pet suddenly started losing hair? Mange may be to blame. The common skin condition affect dogs, cats and rabbits, causing a variety of uncomfortable symptoms.View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
We're pleased to offer the following services in our Animal Emergency Center:
Because emergencies are by nature unexpected, we do not accept appointments at the Animal Emergency Center. Walk-ins are always welcome. Patients are seen based on severity, and otherwise on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Services Available For Your Pet's Emergency Needs
- Injections - Constant Rate Infusions - Transdermal patches
- IV Catheters
- IV fluids - different fluids for different needs
- IV fluid pumps - from 1cc/hr to 1 liter/hr
- Syringe pumps - add medication slowly IV
- IV warming
Hospitalized ICU Care
- Heated cages
- Warm air heating devices - Bair hugger
- Oxygen cage, mask or hood
- Nursing care - all patients are monitored by our nursing staff overnight and over the weekends
- Fresh frozen plasma
- Packed red blood cells for anemic patients
- Blood typing - both cats and dogs
- Whole blood transfusions from donors on site
- detoxification baths - induction of vomiting - activated charcoal
In-House Lab and Diagnostic Abilities
We have incorporated into our practice the ability to take one of the highest quality digital radiographs in Central Florida. Each radiograph takes 2-4 seconds to process and a copy of these radiographs are sent home with the owner on CD. All of our radiographs are also sent to be read by a board-certified veterinary radiologist to ensure that your pet gets the highest level of care possible.
Foreign bodies in the stomach or esophagus can often be removed without the need for invasive surgery.
Guiding for cystocentesis or scanning the abdomen or thorax. Pregnancy checks available.
- Blood pressure (PetMAP)
- Pulse oximeter
- Constant digital temperature monitor for hypo/hyperthermic patients
- Constant thermal monitoring system for hypothermia or surgeries
- Warm water blankets - safest for surgical patients
- Complete in-house bloodwork (chemistries, complete blood cell count, electrolytes, blood gases)
- Cytology with Photo-microscope
- Blood clotting profiles (apTT, pTT)
Complete Surgical Suite
Minor cuts to major exploratory surgeries are available. IV and inhalant anesthesia is available and intubation is available to all patients. All patients are heavily monitored by our experienced staff while in surgery.
Examples of surgeries peformed:
Wounds requiring drainage
Foreign body removals
Types of Pets Seen
We are able to treat a wide variety of pets:
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.